Monday, May 17, 2010

Who wants to be traditional anyway? That's so last week...


Ok...so I know what you're all thinking...she starts a new tradition, and breaks it the very next week, HOW RUDE!!

I could stand around and give you tons of excuses, but I won't. I'll simply say, life intervened. However, I did have a post planned and I shall not deprive you of the goodness that is one of my lists. Please read on and enjoy!


My Top 9...Things That Give Me the Heebie Jeebies


Snakes, Lizards and any other slimy, reptilian-like creatures



I don't care if they're non-poisonous or if they help keep bugs away or if they're not actually slimy. I. DON'T. LIKE. THEM. I never have and I don't see a sudden change in my disposition so I'm pretty sure I never will. End of story.

Muffin-Tops and Camel Toes (AKA people who wear clothes that obviously don't fit them)



Seriously. Does no one look in a mirror before they leave their house anymore? I don't want to see your chub hanging over your pants. I don't want to see people in pants that are so tight I can see nearly as much as your OB-GYN. I'm a curvy girl. I have a little bit of extra on the love handles, so trust me, I'm not judging the fluffy people. I just know what I can, and can't, wear. If your clothing is creating additional folds of skin, you should probably change. Just a tip.

Bugs (not Mr. Bunny, I happen to like him very much)



I realize that I'm totally blowing my cover here and making myself out to really be a chick. But I just can't tolerate insects. Any of them. At all. Ever. Okay, that's a lie, ladybugs are cute...as long as they don't crawl on me. EW.

Taxidermy



I so could not make it as a hunting enthusiast. I don't like guns and I hate stuffed dead animals. They're so creepy-looking! Those beady glass eyes just staring at you, begging for justice. And it's even worse when they're posed in attack mode. You walk around a corner and all of a sudden there's a cougar in mid-pounce. {insert girly scream here}

Rats/Mice (there really isn't a difference between the two in my book)



I don't think I should really have to explain this one. They are gross. Moving on.

Dirty Feet



Now I know you already know about my aversion to feet. However, I have an even bigger aversion to dirty feet. Or more accurately, my dirty feet. I can't stand having dirt on my feet, walking across a floor and stepping on crumbs or God knows what and feeling stuff stick to my feet. I will seriously sweep a stranger's floor, it bugs me so badly. Oddly enough, I love to walk barefoot on the beach. I'm weird, but it's okay, I've accepted it and moved on. You should too.

Ferrets



AKA Snakes with fur. I don't care that they supposedly have legs and feet and what-not. Have you ever watched them? They are snakes with fur. And they STINK!! I'm just sayin...

Deja Vu



The thing about deja vu is that for someone like myself who believes that our thoughts and dreams all have power and a deeper meaning, deja vu isn't really just an odd moment of confusion. Deja vu, for me, is like that chill you get sometimes that runs down your spine and makes you shiver. It always leaves me feeling like I'm forgetting something important. And I don't like that. It's like someone is playing mind-games with me...

Hairless Cats



I know, I know, how can I dislike one of my own? But they're just so...creepy. Like Chihuahuas. You know what they're supposed to be...but they just don't look right. Think about it. You'll see my point.

And there you have it folks, the latest installment of the Top 9 lists. I hope everyone had a great weekend. And if you didn't catch Saturday Night Live, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers debuted their new single "I Should Have Known It." Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment