Friday, August 13, 2010

I am a diabetic's worst nightmare...and I am a diabetic. Awkward.





Oh my gosh! I'm in a stupor folks! It would appear all of my good karma has been cashed in because my long time dream has come true! [insert a large round of applause]

Now before you all start bombarding me with loan requests, I did NOT (unfortunately) win the lottery. As cool as that would have been, this is significantly more amazing. (At least, for me. I imagine it's not so great for those of you thinking I was about to give you a fat check. Sorry.)

I am now officially a paid writer!

Well, I suppose I won't officially be a paid writer until I get paid for my first assignment...but I am now EMPLOYED as a writer :) And that, folks, has been my dream for as long as I can remember.

Guess who's doing the happy dance?



And to celebrate my happiness, today's Top 9 list is all kinds of yumminess for you all to drool over :) Since the band plays ALL weekend, I'm not going to have time to have a proper celebration with all of the mandatory sweets. I will, of course, be having a drink tonight to toast to success, but that's not quite the same thing.

So without further ado, I give you my favorite goodies. Enjoy!


Top 9 Favorite Desserts or Treats (These are in no particular order since their importance changes depending on my mood and what I'm craving.)


German Chocolate Cake



This is the best birthday cake ever. It also has been known to console me when something bad has happened, to help me to celebrate something fantastic and to simply fill the demands of a sweet tooth. It does have the potential to be very rich so I try not to indulge too often...but sometimes I just can't say no to all of that creamy coconut frosting and moist chocolate cake.

Oatmeal Scotchies



These little wonders are sinful! When most people think of oatmeal cookies, they imagine the oatmeal-raisin variety that were a staple of childhood. My mom, however, is a chocoholic and used to make oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips in them instead. One time I decided to try one of the recipes on the back of the Tollhouse bags. And my love for butterscotch was born. The comfort of an oatmeal cookie blended with the sweetness of butterscotch morsels. I am sold.

No-Bake Cookies



My mother didn't cook a whole lot when I was younger. However, the lady could bake (or not, in this case) some tasty treats. No-Bake cookies are like a cookie and fudge mixed together. And really, what's not to like about that?

White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake



I first had this delectable delight at an Olive Garden once upon a time. It is heaven, in your mouth. Seriously. And honestly, I'm not a huge cheesecake fan. It's a little too rich for me to have on a regular basis. But this...this I would eat everyday for the rest of my life and never long for anything else.

Coconut Cream Pie



As a rule, I'm not a huge fan of pie. Mostly because pies make me think of cooked fruit, and with only a few exceptions, I don't like cooked fruit. I know, I'm a freak. Anywho, coconut cream pie is one of the few types of pie that I will eat. (The other being chocolate cream pie, big surprise there, huh?) Fortunately for me, I have a younger sister who, if I ask very nicely, will make this for me for a special occasion. YAY!

Drumsticks



Oh lordy! On a hot summer's day (like today) these little joys can always bring a smile to my face. Also, I think that might be their tag-line, I'm not sure. If not, it should be. Hell, forget summer, I will eat these in the dead of winter while shivering. Again, I know I'm a freak. Get over it. Personally, I prefer the ones without the nut topping but really, it's hard to go wrong with ice cream.

Boston Cream Pie



I've never really understood why this is called a pie, it's technically a cake. And it has all of the best things! Cake, chocolate frosting and cream filling :) It's basically a giant American eclair. Cuz when we do something, we go big!

7 Layer Bars



Oh yummy... I think I had these a few times at bake sale type events when I was a kid. I didn't actually know what they were called or have a clue how to make them though...that is, until I saw Paula Deen on Food Network making them. And I fell in love...again. Graham cracker crumbs, evaporated milk, coconut, chocolate AND butterscotch chips...ooooooooh...excuse me while I drool.

Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream



I realize this might seem very simple to some, especially in light of all the wonderful treats in today's list. But really, everyone has their favorite flavor of ice cream and this is mine. And why shouldn't it have a spot on my list? One of my most memorable birthday cakes was an ice cream cake that my little sister bought for me...made out of mint chocolate chip ice cream, chocolate cake and topped with Andes mints. Tell me that doesn't sound like heaven?!


Wow...is it any surprise that I have a HUGE sweet tooth now? I'm thinking I might have to swing out for a bite of something divine before tonight's gig. Which reminds me...I need to get my booty in gear so that I can go rock out and celebrate my good fortune :)

I hope you all have a fantastical weekend and enjoy some sunshine (while avoiding heat stroke, of course). I'll check back in with you all on Monday. Oh...and

HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13TH!

No comments:

Post a Comment