Monday, May 24, 2010

I fell from Cloud 9 to piles of laundry...next time I'm taking the elevator!





Happy Monday everyone!



Ha ha ha. Isn't that a little oxymoronic? I can't think of anything that's good about a Monday. But what a weekend! It would appear that the boyfriend and I have issues with slightly over-booking ourselves and cramming all of our social activities into the span of a few days. It makes for some crazy days, but I had a great weekend :)



Friday was a late night at the daily grind for me. By the time I got home and tucked myself into bed I was SPENT. Friday also happened to be the boyfriend's best friend's birthday so the boyfriend went over to celebrate. I'm actually kinda sad that I was at the daily grind...sounds like their night was WAY more interesting...if not exactly the kind of fun they had in mind. Something about dog bites, burnt coconut and smoke alarms. Unfortunately, by the time the boyfriend crawled into bed, I was too far beyond passed out to listen to the night's festivities.



Saturday was back to the daily grind for a bit and then grocery shopping for Sunday's birthday dinner for the fellow groupie. Two stores and two hours later finds me making dessert at about 11 at night. Clearly I have some time management issues. Anywho, as it was obviously past my bedtime, I failed to remember to take pictures of what was one of my finer accomplishments. I'm calling it the Cloud 9 Trifle. And folks, it tasted just as damn good as it looked!



Sunday morning comes and up we get to run to the boyfriend's aunt's house (not the one I've met already, the other one...so yeah, more introductions...eek!) to relocate a desk that is somewhat of a family heirloom-type piece. The morning got off to a...*AHEM* late start *AHEM* Oops!



It was, however, a nice visit with the boyfriend's aunt. Interesting little side note, she has the exact same birthday as my dad, same year and everything. I'm sure there's some kind of deeper meaning or message in that, but I just haven't had the energy to examine it. So back to the house, unload the desk (which happens to be real mahogany so it's HEAVY) and now it's nap time...sorta.



A brief break and over to the fellow groupie's house we go. Dinner tonight is a new recipe that I'm trying out. And no, I wasn't stupid enough to warn them that I was using them as guinea pigs :p Cajun shrimp over linguine with mushrooms and red bell peppers served with french bread. Personally, there's some things I'd like to change about the recipe, but everyone assured me that it was yummy and they all seemed pleased so YAY!



The boyfriend and I learned how to play 10,000 (a dice game, for those outta the loop) and we had a blast!! The dessert was well received and the evening was a success, if I do say so myself.

We called it a somewhat early night and curled up with some jazz and a snuggle. Over all, a fantastical weekend. I could have used more down time, but technically that's what today is for, right? Yeah...not so much. I'm working on research for future blogs amidst rotating loads of laundry and cleaning little messes of junk that seem to pile up when I'm not looking.



So Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all have a great week. And remember, this coming weekend is a holiday weekend so plan accordingly :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh hell yeah! i am SO looking forward to the weekend!

    Sounds like you have been busy woman! take it easy and get some rest :)

    ReplyDelete