Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"Sufferin' Sucatash!"



I've come to a decision. I need to watch less T.V.

I did not come to this decision lightly. I actually don't watch much T.V. at all when I think about how much I used to watch when I was younger. But there are a few shows that I love and I have been known to curl up and watch a marathon or two when I can. Dirty Jobs and Mythbusters, Criminal Minds and Law & Order: Criminal Intent are just the few that I'm somewhat hooked on at the moment.

Anywho, as usual, I digress. The reason I've decided that I need to watch less T.V. is that the commercials are really starting to annoy me. Either they're getting stupider, or I'm getting old and anal retentive. (I'd like to think it's the former, I'd rather not contemplate my aging...)

Case in point:

Has anyone seen the new Michael Strahan commercial for Sports Authority?



It's ridiculous! "I'm gonna play batheball!"

I have a million different things about the commercial that irritate me, but his voice has got to be the worst. Seriously, this man played in the NFL for 15 seasons and made millions of dollars. He's now a football analyst on Fox NFL Sunday and I'm sure he makes a pretty penny for that as well. And yet, with all that money he's made, and is still making, the man can't afford to fix the ginormous gap between his front teeth?!?! The man is a sportscaster, he speaks for a living and he can't afford to fix a gap that is causing a speech impediment? A speech impediment that makes him sound like a damn cartoon cat?!



I am just simply blown away by this.

And as if it couldn't get any worse, has anyone noticed how, in the newest Subway commercials, the actors/characters are starting to resemble the plastic people in the Black Hole Sun video by Soundgarden?



Just wondering. Let me know what you think:)

No comments:

Post a Comment