Monday, January 10, 2011

Repugnant is a beautiful word. Just sayin'.





"...Oh hold me now, I feel contagious..."


Just kidding, I'm not really sick. Unless aches and pains are catching...in which case, you might not want to get too close. Is it normal to have arthritis at 28?

On another note, it was a busy weekend. Or maybe it just feels that way. Could I be getting senile? Lord help us, that's all we need now. Demented Kitty. Remember the name, you'll be seeing it in the news...

So as I was saying, it was a busy weekend. The band was hosting a hospitality suite at the fair convention Friday and Saturday. Translation: I saw very little of the boyfriend on Friday...and only slightly more on Saturday. Although, the other girlfriends and I did decide to join the guys Saturday night and partake of some of the free booze and snacks that were flowing. I saw someone literally crack open a wine bottle. (With a knife, y'all!) I also saw someone drink out of a dirty wine glass. As in she grabbed Miss B's used glass off of the counter, saw that there was a little left, took the last swallow and then refilled the glass and preceded to drink. We were all more than a little grossed out. And before you ask, no, none of us knew this lady so it wasn't like she was drinking after a friend. Which still would have been repugnant. Who drinks someone else's backwash?

Ooooh...but I did get a new purse and sweater on Saturday, so I was feeling pretty dolled up :) Every once in a while my inner girly-girl comes out. I can't tell if the boyfriend likes it or not yet...especially since it usually involves me spending money.

Sunday was fabulous. Bottom line folks. I let the boyfriend sleep in and surprised him with one of his favorite breakfasts in bed. Stuffed french toast. It's sinful. Then we watched some football and finally got our lazy booties in gear. We stopped at the store for a few last minute groceries and it was off to Miss J's for dinner and game night. In hindsight, the boyfriend was really spoiled since I made one of his favorites for dinner too...

Also, it would appear that since our schedules have all realigned, game night is back on for Sunday evenings :) YAY!!! I heart game night. It's a way to relax with some of my favorite people, there's always good food involved and who doesn't love a little friendly competition? Exactly. It's a blast and it's a great way to unwind after a busy weekend. And since the band successfully schmoozed people this last weekend, I foresee many more busy weekends in our future.

Note to self: Stock up on the wine.

And even though today is Monday, my good mood is not dampened. (Unless you count the aches and pains...which I don't.) Tonight the Oregon Ducks will be playing in the BCS National Title game. And I will be watching. With the boyfriend. And possibly a few close friends. It promises to be a fantastic time! Especially since it's kinda like a date night for the boyfriend and I. We all know how much I love date nights :)

I have to say folks, even though we didn't win the lottery (and yes, we did buy tickets...), 2011 is starting off to be a pretty decent year.

Until next time, Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment