Monday, January 31, 2011

80's Rock and Disgust...Breakfast of Champions!




"It's the end of the world as we know it..."


Okay, maybe that's a bit dramatic. Or maybe not. Is it just me, or has everything gone to pot lately? Since when did it become socially acceptable to over-share?


When one logs onto Facebook or Myspace or Twitter or even their friendly, neighborhood chat room, do they really want to read what sexual position you and the boyfriend tried out last night? Or that you wound up in the E.R. because of an untreated hygienic problem?

My resounding answer is not just "No," but "HELL NO!" complete with shuddering.

Unfortunately, this seems to be where I found myself this morning. Rocking out to my "Best of the 80's" playlist and staring in shock at my computer screen.

Have the boundaries of what is and what is not socially acceptable been broken down to near non-existence? Or have I become the crotchety old woman gasping at the slightest faux pas? I so hope it's not the latter, I would like to think that 28 isn't that ancient.

And so I ask all of you...

Where do you draw the line? How much is over-sharing? Can I tell you about what I ate for lunch but NOT about how well it was digested? Or would you not mind hearing about all of that but would prefer I keep stories about bedroom Olympics to myself? (Not that I would share those stories...or even use that term. *shudder* Just trying to make a point here.)

And now that I've shared all that wonderful food for thought, I'm gonna bail on ya. I've got buckets of laundry to get caught up on and whatnot. Toodles, my dears!

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, no, I don't care if it is 2011 and we share a bunch of stuff... that is definitely TMI!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen several posts about this topic lately. I particularly loathe hypocritical political (I rhymed!) commentary. As in, oh, I'm so progressive and tolerant and love everybody and everything EXCEPT THEM. lol

    How about those people who wander the grocery store with their cell phone implanted firmly in their hands talking about ultra private marital concerns? Yuck!! I'm here to buy salad and OJ not listen to that.

    My cousin posted that he was sitting in Starbucks the other day and heard the dude behind him talking about how he was up all night just vomiting. lol Extra sugar in their coffee anyone?

    ReplyDelete