Wednesday, October 6, 2010

One day at a time...times 365.




I absolutely love the fall! All around me the leaves are changing colors and my days are sunshine with a crisp breeze that makes me want to curl up with someone special. How fortunate am I to have the boyfriend on days like this? (In case you hadn't noticed, I'm feeling all sorts of lovey-dovey today...I'll explain more in a bit...)

Alas, I have some bad news for you, my readers. I will not be posting a blog this Friday since I will be spending the day at the daily grind and I still haven't figured out how to be in two places at once. Never fear though, I have worked long and hard to provide this week's list for you today instead. YAY! I know, I know, I'm pretty great.

So why the lovey-dovey mood, you ask?

This weekend marks a special day for the boyfriend and I. One year since we met and fell truly, madly, deeply in love with each other. Or, if you're of the cynical sort, that's 365 days he's been stuck with me. Either way, it's a milestone. Ordinarily, I'm sure we would have a nice date night together...but the band is playing both nights this weekend. So instead we'll be spending Sunday together, hopefully the weather holds up and we can have a picnic. (Yup, I'm cheesy like that.)


And to honor this weekend of love, I have prepared a list of my favorite cheesy, sappy, chick flicks along with what each story tells me about love. Go ahead and thank me, you know you want to :p


My Top 9 Love Story Movies (in no particular order)



The Notebook



True love will always prevail.

Pretty Woman



Sometimes you have to take a wild chance for love to find you.

City of Angels



Even the promise of heaven is no competition for love.

Ghost



Love surpasses all.

The Holiday



If love is meant to be, it will be.

Sweet November (the 2001 version)



Enjoy the time you have together, however short or long that may be.

Ever After



The best rendition of the "Cinderella" story. Ever.

The Wedding Singer



"All I wanna do is grow old with you."

The Princess Bride



There are many ways to say "I love you."


And there it is folks, all of my lovely knowledge, now at your very own fingertips. I hope you all have a fantastic rest of your week and weekend. Don't work too hard and take some time to enjoy the brilliance of nature all around you.

On that note, I should probably go before I make you all sick with my sugary sweetness.

Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. I love all of these except Sweet November and City of Angels, and I have three on dvd :-)
    Happy 365th anniversary!

    ReplyDelete