Saturday, October 23, 2010

A little Garth and Elvis to taste, add some MJ and stir until mixed. What do you have?




I know it's Saturday and your list was due yesterday...but, alas, I was once again ensconced at the daily grind. In case you're wondering, the idiots were out in full force. Go ahead, pity me.


But...wait...wait for it...I've got exciting news!

The band is recording tonight! Which means a night in for this girl. It also means that I will hopefully be able to cross a few things off of the to-do list.

I did get to thinking, though, how I won't have any music this weekend. How devastating is that? Music is food for your soul! And so, I offer up to you:


My Top 9 Favorite Songs of All Time
(In chronological order, by the years they were released, starting with the most recent...cuz I'm cool like that.)

A Place for My Head by Linkin Park (released October, 2000)



We all know how much I absolutely love Linkin Park. Even more importantly, we also know about my obsession with Chester Bennington. Why this song, though? Because, when you listen to the lyrics, it describes every person that's ever walked all over someone that cares about them. It's identifiable and reminds me of more than a few people I know.

Hemorrhage (In My Hands) by Fuel (released September, 2000)



Best. Break. Up. Song. Ever. That is all.

The Dolphin's Cry by Live (released October, 1999)



I love Ed Kowalczyk's voice. There is just a ton of raw emotion when he sings. I really like pretty much anything by Live but this song tops them all.

Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls (released April, 1998)



Best love song ever.

November Rain by Guns N Roses (released June, 1992)



Powerful. That's really all I've got to say about this song. GNR maybe didn't do everything right and Axl Rose might have been an ass in the first degree...but this song, this song is genius.

Shameless by Garth Brooks (released October, 1991)



There seems to be a theme here...so yeah, I'm very obviously a sucker for a good love song. Also, the cat is out of the bag. Yes, I do like me some Garth. Get over it folks, he has some poignant songs.

Billie Jean by Michael Jackson (released January, 1983)



Now, before I get any backlash...you don't have to like the man to like his music. MJ was a genius. And as some great person once pointed out, there is a VERY thin line between genius and crazy. MJ just happened to like straddling that line. (Pun intended...yup, I went there.)

Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd (September, 1975)



Pink Floyd is one of the greatest bands of all time. Most people think of The Wall when they think of Pink Floyd but this song speaks to me more. This song is for all of the people I've lost, a dedication to my loved ones.

Can't Help Falling In Love/Fools Rush In by Elvis Presley (released October, 1961)



I first heard this song when I heard UB40's version of it. (Which sucks, by the way...but that's another Top 9 list for another day...) I immediately went out and searched for the original. Everyone has to love Elvis...even if it's just a little bit. And this song is absolutely beautiful. Bottom line.


There ya go, gang. And now that I've imparted you with my wisdom, I'm off to begin crossing things off that to-do list. Anyone wanna help?

Until next time, Toodles my dears!

No comments:

Post a Comment