Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hiring for a domestic. Must work for table scraps...





Happy Tuesday everyone! I hope you all had a safe and fun weekend. Excepting the fact that a good portion of my weekend was spent at the daily grind, I had a great time. I've gotta tell ya, I've noticed that I really look forward to these little weekend updates for you all. I probably should find another name for them, though. I'm certainly no where near the talent of Chevy Chase, Dennis Miller, Kevin Nealon, Norm Macdonald, Colin Quinn, Jimmy Fallon, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler or Seth Meyers. Personally, my favorite was the team of Jimmy Fallon and Tina Fey, they had such good chemistry. Anywho, as usual, I digress. Here's your weekend update:


Friday night went swell!! There was a decent crowd if you exclude the falling down drunk jerks who couldn't take no for an answer. Seriously, how many times does a girl have to turn a guy down before he gets the point??

"Wanna dance?"
"No thanks."
"Well why not?"
"Because I'm taken."
"Well you're sitting alone."
"He's on stage."
"Then you should dance with me."
"I don't dance with other guys."
"Well you should."


Are you freakin' kidding me?!?! GO AWAY AND LEAVE ME ALONE, IDIOT! So I've decided I'm going to have t-shirts made for myself and the other girlfriends/wives of the band members. They're going to say:

I'm with the band.
And that means NO!


What do you think? I think they'll be a hit!LOL Also, the boyfriend's dad, two aunts and uncle came out for the show :) It was really nice, and I know it meant a lot to him . I did miss my fellow groupie though...her boyfriend is in two bands and was playing with the other band this weekend. So they were both gone. They'll be there this weekend though so I'm sure I'll have some good stories to tell you next week. Us girls usually have a blast together :)

Saturday, as you know, was mostly spent at the daily grind. Sunday saw me back at the daily grind for another dose. By the time Sunday night rolled around, I was near dead on my feet. There's something about minimal sleep and too much to do that catches up to a person. So, as I previously mentioned, I took yesterday off. I spent the day with the boyfriend, played some Scrabble (I actually got my booty kicked at Scrabble...I think I need to practice...how does one practice at Scrabble though? Hmmm...) and relaxed. I even turned my phone off for the better part of the day, which, as anyone who knows me well will tell you, is VERY rare for me. But I needed the peace and quiet and it was wonderful.

Today was back to work. I did sleep in a little bit...but then I got right to work uploading all of the pictures from Friday night on the band's Facebook page. I'm also currently researching a few topics for future blogs. And now I'm here, telling you all about my ridiculous life. It still amazes me that you all read this nonsense. Maybe I should start living a little more recklessly for all of you that are living vicariously through me...should at least try to give you all more bang for your buck. Or not.

And on that note, I'm out folks. I still have a few more things to research and some cleaning to catch up on. How is it that laundry just keeps piling up around me?? I need a maid. Anyone willing to work for food? I make a mean white lasagna ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment