Wednesday, June 16, 2010

"If you believe there's nothing up my sleeve..."



I have a wonderful love for stay-in date nights. And lucky, lucky me, I've gotten two in a row this week :) and it's only Wednesday. That's pretty smooth, right there. And what nights they were! Monday was homemade pizzas and Last Comic Standing. That's right folks...I'm hooked...on a reality show. Lord help me, this could be the beginning of the end. And last night I was supposed to have a project, but plans changed last minute so it was movie night with the boyfriend. (I was real torn up about it, can you tell?)

So rewind to some point last week. I'm not sure what the conversation was, but amidst it I discover that the boyfriend has not seen Man on the Moon (Ws).

"Add it to the Netflix thingy!" I demand. (ha...I actually asked nicely...but "demand" works so much better for dramatic purposes)

And he did. And it arrived a few days ago. So back to last night and the changing of my plans. I hadn't planned on dinner since I was supposed to be gone. The boyfriend and I decide we don't really want "real" food for dinner so off to the grocery store we go. And back home we come, loaded up with tacquitos, two different kinds of trail mix, chocolate and popcorn. Yeah, a real nutritional dinner for me. I don't care...BACK OFF THIS! We get all snuggled in with our goodies and some sweet tea and turn on Man on the Moon.

As you all know, I love Jim Carrey with something fierce. The man is funny, I don't care what anyone else has to say. Now since I haven't seen The Truman Show, (a tragedy, I know...the boyfriend has already informed me of this...don't worry, it will be rectified soon) I have to say that Man on the Moon is his best performance...EVER.

Also, I love R.E.M. so the movie really is just an all around favorite of mine.

Granted, I know this isn't the something funny I promised you, but it sure beats the socks off the melancholy of last weekend. And so I'll leave you with this: If you haven't seen Man on the Moon, I strongly encourage {read: I demand} that you go out and rent it tonight. And be a little goofy. Skip out on dinner and munch on some trail mix and chocolate. Take a cue from Mr. Kaufman himself and go back to being a kid again. You'll be amazed at how great it feels.

2 comments:

  1. The taquitos sound good to me! I'd love a box of taquitos in my freezer. No taquitos in France. B*stards!

    Might have to check out Man on the Moon now too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend it :) I would ship you some taquitos...but I don't think it would work. Do they have freezer boxes? That's probably something to look into...

    ReplyDelete