Thursday, January 21, 2010

"If you *really* wanted to screw me up, you should've gotten to me earlier."




I just love it when inspiration just jumps up and hits me square in the face! I was previously having a very relaxing evening watching "High Fidelity" and laughing at how I make my own "top 5" lists, when BAM! inspiration hits me. By the way, if you haven't seen the movie, first kick yourself for your lack of insight. Second, go out and rent it...right now. And actually watch it. It's classic. You'll thank me later.

I've been making "top 5" lists for as long as I can remember. It's actually one of my favorite ways to get to know a new person, asking what their top 5 favorite _____ (fill in the blank) are. Think about it though, it's really a great way to get to know someone. Not just what kind of movies they like, but actual movie titles so that you can compare and debate. Not just what bands or artists someone favors, but songs and lyrics or musical pieces that speak to them or bring back a special memory.

You can make a list for anything:
Food
Movies
Music
Bands/Artists
Actors/Actresses
Colors
Or take a page from the movie. List your "Top 5 All-time Worst Break-ups Ever". The possibilities are endless. You could really let your imagination run away with you...ask your friends random things like "Name your top 5 worst kissers ever" or "List the top 5 worst celebrity hair-styles". I'm actually kinda wishing it wasn't so late, I'd start texting friends and asking for lists :)

Speaking of the time..I believe it's about time for this meow-meow to get to bed for some much needed beauty sleep. Take a few and think it over...and watch the movie. Right. Now. :)

1 comment:

  1. i loved that movie and i cant belive it took u this long to watch it... ive made so many top 5 list i need a top 5 list of my lists lol miss ya

    Bubba

    ReplyDelete