Friday, January 8, 2010

"Come on baby, light my fire..."


What would you do if you had a time machine? If you had unlimited uses and funds weren't an issue? Would you go back and change history by trying to prevent wars and helping with sickness? Or would you go into the future and try to gain insight to your life?
I'm only slightly ashamed to admit my goals wouldn't be nearly so lofty.
I would so totally go back to different periods of time and see all of my favorite bands and artists live in their prime :)

November 18, 1993, Sony Music Studios in NYC
Nirvana's MTV Unplugged performance
I've seen the version of this performance that aired on MTV. It is powerful and raw emotion, the way music should always feel. I can only dream about what it must have felt like to be a part of the audience that night.



January 14, 1973, International Convention Center Arena in Honolulu
Elvis' Aloha from Hawaii
I've always regretted that Elvis was before my time. This was one of his biggest accomplishments, and to be able to go back and be a part of it would be nearly orgasmic for me!



July 13, 1985, JFK Stadium, Philadelphia
Queen's performance at Live Aid
Every kid from the 80-90's has seen Wayne's World and has head-banged to Bohemian Rhapsody. I have loved Queen from the first time I heard "Another One Bites The Dust." How awesome would it be to see them perform at their peak?



August 15 to August 18, 1969, Max Yasgur's 600-acre dairy farm near Bethel, NY
Creedence Clearwater Revival's performance at Woodstock
Who hasn't sang along to "The Night Time is the Right Time" and "Suzie Q"? The bonus to seeing them at this venue would be that I would be at WOODSTOCK! Hi...for any die-hard music fan, that's like finding gold!



September 17 1967, CBS-TV Studio 50 in NYC
The Doors' performance on The Ed Sullivan Show
My all-time favorite Doors song is "Light My Fire." What I wouldn't give to have been in the audience watching a furious Ed Sullivan powerless to stop Jim Morrison from singing his original lyrics on live television. It's even reported that Mr. Sullivan was so upset about the incident that he refused to shake hands with the band members.




These are just a few, I could list bands and concerts all night...but alas, I have a bed to get to...and I'm sure my readers all have lives to return to :) So why don't you put on a little music and rewind time...you might be amazed where you end up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment