Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Angst of Youth...or something like that :p

I thought maybe for my first posting that I would do something like "Hi folks! This is my blog, welcome to all of my witty remarks, blah, blah, blah..." But whilst I was waiting for a grand spark of inspiration to hit me, [read: while I was procrastinating] I decided to sit and play a little Super Mario Bros. 3 for the Wii.



Now I have played the original game, once upon a sweet time, as a competitive little brat along with my siblings; namely one VERY competitive, slightly older sister. And as I sat here with all my 27 years of knowledge behind me, I think to myself "I've got this, it'll be cake. I used to beat this game all the time!"
Hello Reality Check!
I got spanked! I spent 3 lives just trying to beat the first level in the first damn world! And within minutes I was spewing all sorts of foul curses at the TV screen where the little toadstools and evil duck/turtle things are easily knocking me off left and right.
And then it hits me, as I die (yet again) and am sent back to the beginning (again). How did I beat this game as a kid?! And then, as a mother of a 9 year old boy who loves video games, I wonder aloud "What kind of things are we letting our kids play with?" Toadstools? Distorted crossbreeds of turtle/ducks? Venus flytraps that pop up and shoot fireballs out of their mouths? So I turned the game off...I figured being sent back to the beginning 3 separate times was punishment aplenty for my procrastination. And here I am.
So...
Welcome to my blog folks! I hope you enjoy all of my witty remarks and clever ramblings :) Blah, blah, blah...

2 comments:

  1. Hello miss Kitty... I loved ur blog hun, and damned those crossbred duck/turtle things. How unfortunate of u to have to b sent to the beginning of it all 3 whole times. So what's the lesson we learned here:?... Procrastination gets u nowhere but where u were going to have to be in the first place. :p so perhaps u should blog then karma will play a lol nicer and let u get past the first level. <3 ya Kitty hope to see u soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved it kitty hahaha super funny asa kid too I played Super Mario Bros. 3 too and 2 and 1 but I was addicted to 3.

    ReplyDelete