Wednesday, December 15, 2010

"...The more I see, the less I know, the more I'd like to let it go..."



Oh, hello again. Miss me much?

I kind of sort of played hooky on Monday, I hope none of you mind. I needed it though.

Friday's post included a shout out for prayers for my family. Unfortunately, our hurt little girl didn't make it through her surgery and passed away shortly after the blog was posted. Although I didn't know her personally, (I have a HUGE extended family...) I am still overcome with sadness. My heart aches for her family, for her parents. It is unnatural for a parent to have to bury a child. And yet, it seems more and more I hear stories of children whose lives were cut short.

Why?

Oh, I'm sure I could go off on some rant right now about the dangerous world we live in but, honestly? I just don't have it in me. Instead, I'm floundering, searching vainly for answers, for something to take away the pain I feel for people I love who are hurting beyond belief.

Before you suggest it, I tried alcohol. I drank both Friday and Saturday nights while out with the band. It didn't help. I've had alone time, boyfriend time, time with the girls, hell, even time at the daily grind. Nothing works for long. It's like I only get a brief reprieve. For a short moment I forget all that's wrong and I laugh a little, maybe crack a smile. And then the silence creeps in and my heart cries loudly reminding me of all of the hurt.

My family is overwhelmed with guilt and grief. How do you show someone the life lessons you've already had to learn the hard way? Is there anyway? Or must we simply stand by and hold the hands of our loved ones while they cross these bridges?

For once, I'm afraid I don't have any answers, just questions. If any of my faithful readers have some answers for me, I'm all ears...or eyes as the case may be.

I'm sorry I don't have something more uplifting for you today...maybe next time.

Toodles.

1 comment:

  1. My sweet wonderful friend. This is a situation that is beyond words. My heart and prayers are with you and your family. I think the best thing to do, is just be. Roll with the waves, yet be unwavering in your presence. If you see a moment or way to help be there to help, you will know what to do because of your life-path. Be mindful of the wondrous place you hold in this vast universe. Know that albeit in a different form that sweet child's energy still remains around you as well as your loved ones, sending love and thanks for all of the beautiful moments and memories, and boundless love and care she experienced in her brief time here. I wish you and your family peace and warmth and healing this holiday season. much love to you today and always,
    Miss Vi

    ReplyDelete