Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Imagine...me far, far, far away.



I want to run away.


Better yet, I want to kidnap the boyfriend, pack a gigantic picnic and run away to somewhere with a nice scenic view and minimal to no interference from the outside world.

I know, I know, I'm whining again...

It's just...well, the world has a sneaky ability to make day-to-day life so damn troubling. There is so much on my plate that it's now over-flowing, dripping onto the floor...causing yet another mess I need to clean up.

In a perfect world, the boyfriend wouldn't have to work the rest of the week. There would be no gigs or practice. I wouldn't have to while away at the daily grind. We could pack up the car with the necessities, turn our phones off and drive off into the cold and stormy weather. We would find a nice, cozy hotel in some quiet, peaceful little town and hide away.

Sounds ideal, doesn't it?

I know it's not all bad. The biggest amount of Christmas shopping is done. Lil Man's birthday presents are set and ready for him to open them next week. It may be storming, but at least it's rain and not a blizzard. And most of all, life may be stressing me out...but at least I have wonderful friends with which to de-stress.

But, oh...to disappear to a secluded island somewhere. No drama, no stress, no responsibilities...Yes, please!

And in honor of today, I'll leave you with these wonderful words of wisdom:

"You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us and the world will live as one."

R.I.P. John Lennon

Toodles, my dears.

2 comments:

  1. The jungle is as good as an island, and John Lennon was an honorary gorilla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your writing Kiki! You just kickass in general you beautiful human you!

    ReplyDelete