Monday, November 22, 2010

Hangin' Tough this Monday morning...




Good morning folks...



Okay, that's maybe an overstatement. It's not exactly a good morning now, is it? Well maybe for you, but not for me. I slept funny again. And because I can't really remember any details of my disturbing dreams, I'm going to blame my poor night's sleep on the ridiculous American Music Awards.

A little tidbit you may not know about me, I love watching award shows. Not really to see who gets what award (although I do love it when my favorite artists win) but to see the performances. So for any of you who tuned in last night, you can see why I would be disappointed.

Now a sane person would have changed the channel after that horrendous opening by Rihanna. To paraphrase the boyfriend, it was like Cirque De Soleil and your trashiest strip club had a love child. It was NOT pretty.

But, alas, I held out hope that things wouldn't be all bad. To quote The Cranberries, "...I was wrong, I was wrong..."

All I can say in retrospect is that after every poor performance I kept hoping it would turn around. And I kept my fingers crossed that the New Kids on the Block/Backstreet Boys collaboration wouldn't be a hot mess.

Now, to be fair, it wasn't ALL bad. Pink rocked like only she can do, even patting her barely visible baby bump as she exited stage right. Christina's Burlesque performance was fun and nearly has me thinking that I might want to waste twenty bucks to go see her movie. Taylor Swift was cute and classy as always.

And...AND...the collaboration was everything awesometastic. I don't even like the Backstreet Boys and I was singing along. With the very first choreographed dance move I was transported back to my 8 year old self cooing at the guys I was sure I was going to marry. (Don't judge me...you know you did it too.)

Let me fill you in a little bit. I was the epitome of a New Kids fan back in the day. I had all of their posters from the teeny-bopper magazines plastered all over my bedroom walls. I had their faces on t-shirts, I had them on VHS. Hell, I even had their sheet-set on my bed. I was OBSESSED.

So imagine me last night, in bed with the boyfriend sitting nearly forgotten beside me, hands over my mouth, eyes wide...very nearly squealing at the T.V.

Yeah, I was THAT girl.



But it's great, right?!?! RIGHT?!?!?!

Okay, I'm going to leave you all now...I think I may have embarrassed myself enough. If you need me, I'll be lip-syncing Step by Step while folding laundry.

Toodles my dears!!

2 comments:

  1. That clip was AWESOME! Love me some NKOTB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sooooooo glad I'm not the only (supposedly) grown woman who can say they love NKOTB :)

    ReplyDelete