Wednesday, November 24, 2010

"Get a little warm in my heart when I think of winter..."





So, for those of you who may not watch the news and think of me, the Great Northwest has been hit with its first winter storm. Definitely some parts got hit worse than others. As for the boyfriend and I: some torrential rain, a little snow and some damn freezing temperatures.

Guess what that means?!

Lots of snuggling with the boyfriend :)

Seriously, yesterday was below freezing. Minus a brief foray into the craziness outside, we spent the day at home doing some cleaning. The fun thing about helping the boyfriend clean and sort through things he has in storage is seeing the little clues to his past. A few treasures we stumbled across yesterday:



A magic 8-ball pen



An Oscar Mayer weiner-mobile whistle



A Lego man



A pinball



And the coolest thing EVER!! A "Where in the U.S.A. is Carmen Sandiego?" board game. Can anyone guess what we did last night? Have I mentioned how much I love being a kid again with the boyfriend? Which reminds me...in honor of Thanksgiving tomorrow, here's your holiday Top 9 list.


Top 9 Things I'm Thankful For This Year

(In no particular order...I'm feeling very random today.)



The great love of my life.



Our Netflix membership.



Finding a few more soul mates.



The ability to pursue my passion.



A wonderfully brilliant, healthy and handsome son.



My library membership.



The truest friends a girl could ask for.



A warm roof over my head and a kitchen to cook in.



My health. (As tenuous as it seems some days.)


And now that we're all warm and fuzzy, I should probably say Adieu and start getting stuff ready for tomorrow. Just curious...am I the only one silly enough to be cooking crazy amounts of food?

Have a fantastic holiday y'all. And for my readers who might be in places where tomorrow is not a holiday: Celebrate anyway!! Bring on the wine and Grey Goose ;)

Toodles, my loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment