Monday, June 6, 2011

Oh song of my soul!




Music has always been my escape. I clean to cope with anger so that I don't explode and say something I might regret, I read when I need to shut out reality and live in a fantasy for awhile and I write when I'm emotional and don't have an outlet for my feelings. But always, ALWAYS, there's music. When I'm happy, bored, excited, sad, stressed or just me, there's music to play in the background and make me smile.

I'm one of those annoying people who sing along to EVERY song. I've mentioned this before. I happen to think I have a decent voice...but I'm also aware that not everyone wants to hear me belt out whatever is playing. I'm sure there's days the boyfriend doesn't even want to hear me...Too bad that he lives with me and has to listen, hmm? I should probably be a nice girlfriend and buy him some ear-plugs for his birthday.

Anywho...since life has been such a stress sandwich lately, music has become even more of a release for me. On extremely bad days, I take a drive and scream along with Linkin Park. On days like today, when I can't really take a drive, I tune into Pandora or make a play list on Grooveshark of songs that have caught my attention lately and tune out as much as I'm able.

Because RM has been so neglected lately and I haven't done a Top 9 in so very long, I thought I'd share today's playlist which just happens to be my current Top 9 songs :)

Enjoy!

Top 9 Current Songs I Can't Get Out of My Head
(In the order they happen to appear on my playlist...)


Christina Perri's Jar of Hearts



The Script's Break Even



Adele's Rolling in the Deep



Daughtry's No Surprise



Pink's Fuckin' Perfect



Cee-Lo Green's Fuck You



Linkin Park's Iridescent



Linkin Park's A Place For My Head (Still my all-time favorite song!)



Carrie Underwood's Just a Dream (For Tyler, RIP)




As you might have deduced, more than a few of these songs are stuck in my head because I've recently seen them on The Voice which just happens to be my latest Tuesday night addiction...and one of the few luxuries I'm afforded right now. It makes me smile when not much does lately. Well, besides the boyfriend, he can ALWAYS make me smile. That might be why he's still the boyfriend...that and the fact that I'm head over hills in love with him.

Anywho, before I get too sappy for you, I'll let you all go and enjoy my gifts to you :p

Toodles, my faithful followers!

No comments:

Post a Comment