Monday, February 1, 2010

“Joy in looking and comprehending is nature's most beautiful gift.”




I love nature. I love nature in that "it's beautiful to look at but I don't really wanna get dirty and God help me if a bug or snake or other creepy-crawly gets anywhere near me" kinda way. I think perhaps that's why visiting the coast is my favorite way to experience nature. I feel so peaceful looking out at the waves rolling in. It's an awesome reminder that the world is bigger than just myself and my problems. But instead of making me feel petty for so often getting consumed by the daily grind, it is instantly calming.

I happen to think that Oregon has some of the most beautiful coastline, at least on the western side of the continent. It's not all perfect beaches and sunny, clear blue skies. But it's ragged cliffs, driftwood covered beaches, and cloudy skies provide diversity and a little bit of something for everyone.

I've been fortunate and have gotten to explore a few different parts of the coast and I'm always left wanting more, but still so at peace. I wish I could find a way to put it into words how it feels...like I've been given a brief sip of the fountain of youth, just enough until I should need a new dose.

So I'm off to the daily grind, starting new ventures in life and planning for amazing things to come. And if it starts to get to be too much to handle...I'll just remember the beautiful sunset that makes my heart sing. And I'll smile and move on with my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment